Well I was able to make it through my first week. I had a lot of fun with the kids! I am really starting to get to know them and know their personalities. They are really growing on me!
It was a long week, but a fun week. I am starting to get the hang of the schedule and procedures of the classroom. The students are starting to respect me, and come to me for questions.
I am working a little more with the students with their centers. I got to play a game with them, and walk around for questions during their journal center. Then we get to go to lunch, and last week we were watching the kids while they ate, and this week we are gonna be recess duty. Math we learned about shapes some more, and how other shapes can fit into shapes. I am going to be taking over math not next week, but the week after. I am going to let Mrs. Roach finish this chapter and I will be starting Chapter 9 on Patterns. Also, I will be taking over the morning calendar next week. It all happens in little steps.
So far, I have been able to get a lot of experiences in, that I don't think many other student teachers get. Such as I am able to go to and IEP meeting on my second week. Also, I have had to say goodbye to my first student, get to know and work with parents, and attend a staff meeting. I am having so much fun! I will try to get another post up this week.
Love you all,
Miss Phillips
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment