Oh man! Oh man! Oh man!
I am wanting to keep a blog to keep people up to date on this amazing adventure. I know there are so many people wanting to know how it is going. The next toughest part will be to keep it updated. You all can also call me and ask how it is going.
Well tomorrow I am going to be starting my student teaching! I cannot believe that I am old enough to educate children! I am going to be in a 1st grade classroom in the Deer Valley District. I am not sure how such a young class is gonna work, but I am sure I am strong enough to handle it. All my practicum hours are upper elementary, but it is all part of the experience. I am super excited!
I was able to go meet my class the day before they went on Winter Break. I really enjoyed starting to get to know the kiddos. The day I went to visit was the day of their Christmas party and they were ALL pretty excited about that. I believe there is about 22 students, I am not for sure because there were a few students missing.
I have also spoken to my NAU supervisor as of yesterday. It was a huge relief that she called, because I was a little worried about knowing what to do. She really calmed me down, and let me know what to expect. She told me to more think of her as a mentor, and she is there to help me. I am gonna be meeting with her on Thursday and we are gonna plan out the semester kinda.
Well wish me luck on a fun LAST first day of the semester! I cannot seriously believe it is here. I totally have this under control!
Love you all,
Miss Phillips
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment