Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day

Well I survived...

My first day was a success. The kiddos didn't make me want to quit yet. I feel a little better now, that I have met the kids again. I think if I had a test I could remember most of their names.
Although I have not been in any grades lower than third, I think I can handle this. It will be a lot different but I think it isn't gonna be that bad. It will definitely teach me patience. After this I will have taught a variety... 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th.

Today was fun getting to know the campus, and their schedule. It is also giving me time to get to know my mentor teacher. We are both getting to know each other. She is super nice, she wants me to feel comfortable with the whole situation. She told me to let her know when I wanted to start doing stuff. I actually might kinda get to be alone with class Wednesday. My teacher has a doctors appointment so she will be a little late. She told the class today that she is pregnant... it was so cute. We were both a little worried about the where do babies come from question, but it didn't come up. They were telling her their baby brother and sister stories, and even giving tips on how messy babies are.

We talked a lot about their Winter Break a lot today. Catching up on the calendar and who lost teeth over the break. A lot of the kids went to Flagstaff over break to play in the snow... I am not gonna lie I am a little jealous, I want to be in the snow. In math she started the lesson with, today we are going to learn some geometry... I about went pee in my pants! Flash backs of High School geometry! YUCK! She continues and says we are going to discuss shapes. I felt a little relief... This I can handle!

Tomorrow is going to be another day, and I am feeling a little more confident. Hope everyone had a great day back from vacation, if ya got one for the holidays!

Love you all
Miss Phillips











No comments:

Post a Comment